This will be a short article explaining how to fix the “SIGN IN REQUIRED We can’t upload or download your changes because your cached credentials have expired” error, which can be generated by any Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc when attempting to download, view or update files located in shared areas such as SharePoint or OneDrive.
Follow the steps below to remove the cached credentials –
- Close all office programs.
- Open the Windows Start menu.
- Search “Credential Manager” and select the result.
- Click Windows Credentials.
- Under Generic Credentials, remove all the log-in credentials.
- Restart your computer.
- Launch the office application again and sign in if required.